Baylor receives applications exclusively through the Physical Therapist Central Application Service (PTCAS), provided by the American Physical Therapy Association. Application instructions can be found at PTCAS. Information about the Baylor University DPT Program can be found here.
Applying for Admission
The Baylor University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program will soon begin accepting applications for the Class of 2025, to begin coursework in January of 2024. It is strongly encouraged that all applicants thoroughly review the instructions for submitting an application through PTCAS as available for download through the PTCAS website before attempting to apply to the Baylor University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
All of the following materials must be submitted through PTCAS:
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from each college and university attended. International applicants will be required to submit a World Education Services (WES) report along with international transcripts to PTCAS for all coursework completed outside the US.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Applicants must arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send official GRE scores through PTCAS using the code designated specifically for the physical therapy program. The PTCAS Program Code for the Baylor University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is 2219.
- References: Applicants must arrange for letters of recommendation to be submitted electronically through PTCAS. Each evaluator providing a reference will be contacted using an email address provided in PTCAS by the applicant.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): If English is not an applicant’s first (primary) language, official TOEFL scores must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program has two application windows for the Class of 2025, beginning in January 2024:
- January 17, 2023 - May 15, 2023
- June 15, 2023 - October 2, 2023
Applicants may submit one application per calendar year.
If you are applying during the first admissions window (January 17, 2023 - May 15, 2023):
The deadline for submitting all required application materials through PTCAS is May 15, 2023 at midnight EST. This includes all official transcripts, GRE scores, and letters of recommendation. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are applying during the second admissions window (June 15, 2023 - October 2, 2023):
The deadline for submitting all required application materials through PTCAS is October 2, 2023 at midnight EST. This includes all official transcripts, GRE scores, and letters of recommendation. Late applications will not be accepted.
For questions related to admission to the program, please contact Amanda Singh, DPT Admissions Manager, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 254-710-8066.
The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will review all completed applications (i.e., application and all supporting materials received) in the order of receipt. Applicants are evaluated based on the following items:
- Cumulative GPA
- Pre-requisite GPA
- GRE verbal percentile rank
- GRE quantitative percentile rank
- Personal Essay
Other factors considered, but not required:
- Relevant work experience
- Observation hours
- Prior military experience
The DPT admissions committee will use this evaluative process to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants. The DPT admissions committee will grant admission interviews by invitation only.
Submission of additional information and materials may be requested. The applicant is responsible for timely submission of additional information and materials that may be requested. If these requests cannot be fulfilled immediately, the applicant should contact Amanda Singh, DPT Admissions Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DPT Admissions Manager will contact selected applicants and provide instructions for completing the interview process. All interviews are conducted using a web-based, video platform called Kira Talent. Applicants record their responses to a series of interview questions for review by the DPT Admissions Committee. Additionally, applicants will complete a timed writing sample and various assessments investigating non-cognitive skills and strengths. Applicants must have a computer with webcam and internet service to complete this interview.
The DPT admissions committee and faculty will accept students into the program based on a holistic evaluation of their application, supporting documents, and interview. All applicants will be notified by email and/or mail regarding final selection decisions.